Sunday, February 20, 2011

Obsessed


I go a little crazy for Jane Austen, so imagine how happy I was when our library decided to have a Jane Austin Tea Party. I was in the middle of making Halloween costumes and I knew I just had to put them aside and make a dress fitting the Regency era.


Thanks to my friend Foxy Roxy she completed the look by making my very short faux hawk look like a pile of Jane Austen hair. It was a fun day. But my obsession was far from over. I made the dress and still had costumes to finish when I found these....


the most adorable shoe patterns. I stayed up day and night making tiny shoes.


I was like a little elf. I couldn't get enough. I don't even have any tiny feet to put in them but that didn't stop me.


I used scraps of material that I had around the house.




These little kimono shoes are reversible.


To die for, right?


I did find an adorable little girl to put all these shoes on and I was glad. I also made several boys shoes and forgot to take pictures which makes me sad because they turned out even cuter if you can believe it. I auctioned those off for the cub scouts and it was really fun.

4 comments:

Marnie said...

all your sewing projects turned out so cute and fabulous.

Gabaldon said...

You look beautiful in your dress:)

Oh my goodness I love those shoes, I saw Ellie's & they are so darling....

YOUR AMAZING & I'm blessed to have you in my life:)

Andrea said...

Jane Austen Tea Party! I wish I could have been there. You look great. And the shoes are cute.

Melinda Barlow CZT said...

We are having our second Jane Austen Tea Party October 15 1:00pm I will save you a space. Love your blog. One year later.