Sunday, December 14, 2008

A trip down memory lane

Over the Thanksgiving weekend my sisters Marnie and Amy and I took a field trip to the home we grew up in.
The new owners have done a lot of nice work to the home, inside and out. We were glad that they would let us in to check it out. A lot of things had changed but.....


the bedroom that Amy and I lived in was exactly the same. The room was never finished so we took it upon ourselves to decorate with whatever was handy. The wall near the door was our measuring wall. We loved to have our friends and family measure up. Do you see your name on our wall?






The next few pictures are some ground graffiti that my brothers Matt and Cory drew when we switched rooms with them.





Amy and I put a lot of color in our rooms to brighten it up.

I love the pigs that Amy drew.

Under the rainbow we had our friends sign their names in fingernail polish because it would "eat" the foam wall--how funny.



All in all it was a weird trip. It was such a shock to walk in the house and feel like I was a teenager again. I have so many memories from this house. I had a lot of first and lasts in this house. I got ready for my first school dance in this house. It was the first house that I had the joy of sneaking out of late at night. I had my very first best friend in this house. It was the last house that I shared with my brothers and sisters. I am glad I could go and visit and especially glad to have some sisters with me.

3 comments:

Marnie said...

I am snatching some of those pictures. Do you think they would let us go back in with Andrea?

Gabaldon said...

That is so cool...so the new owners had kept that from all those years ago?? What great memories!

Andrea said...

I was really, really, really bummed that I missed out on this! I've been wanting to go in our old houses each time I drive by them. It's pretty neat that yours and Amy's room never got painted over. The nostalgia that came just by looking at the pictures. I can't imagine what it would be to actually be there. Maybe one day I can go.